Saturday, September 19, 2009

Million Dollar Shot -- One of These Days ...

I'm a sucker for stories about lottery winners, extraordinary game show payouts, and contest winners.  I play the lottery every once in awhile and enter all types of sweepstakes.  While I fully realize that the odds are against me ever seeing a large payday from these activities, hope reigns eternal when I read about improbable rewards.  In Utah, this week, a 35 year old man, who entered a charity tournament at the last minute, won $1 million for his hole-in-one.  As I play golf a lot less than I'd like to, I'm a hacker who has never been anywhere near a hole-in-one, let alone one that might net such a payday.  In just reading a story such as this, however, I can imagine it happening to me.  Just as I read the sad stories and try to empathize with the victims or their families, I read the happy ones and try to imagine myself in that position.

No comments:

Post a Comment