Sunday, February 5, 2012

It's the Most NFL Time of the Year

Superbowl Sunday is one of my favorite holidays -- and yes, it is a true American holiday.  I love the football (although not the Giants or Patriots so much), the food, the commercials, and all of the hoopla.  It is an event to enjoy with friends and family.  I will admit, however, that the hours of pre-game show are a little too much for even me.

This year, a thirty second advertising spot during the Superbowl costs on the order of $3.5 million.  This Blind Bambi, however, doesn't understand the advertiser's rationale in releasing their commercials before the big event.  Sure, they probably get some early press time by doing so, but, this year, when I need a bathroom or snack break, I will have no worries about missing commercials -- I've already had the chance to see them on the web, TV reports, etc.  Will they one day release the Oscar winners a week before the big night, so we can analyze the choices before the event actually happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment