Saturday, January 16, 2010

Slashing Prices on Space Shuttles

On USAToday.com, I saw a short article entitled Recession Special: NASA Cuts Space Shuttle Price, by Marcia Dunn. Apparently, NASA is trying to unload the 1970's era Space Shuttles that they no longer need. Dunn reports that Discovery is already promised to the Smithsonian Institution, but Atlantis and Endeavour are up for grabs. In this tough economy, the price tag has supposedly dropped from $42 million to $28.8 million apiece. It sounds like there may be quite a bit of interest, especially because of the lowered prices. Now, I don't have the room nor the money to consider such a purchase. Even if I did, however, although it would be very cool, that seems like a lot of money unless you really need a retired spaceship. I'm just a Blind Bambi, though. What do I know? I think I'll just go see the one at the Smithsonian.

No comments:

Post a Comment